The Regal 26 OBX is an outboard version of the Regal 26 sterndrive FasDeck. She is designed for people who want a deck boat that has outboard power. Because she has a stepped hull, she should outperform conventional designs with the same power.
With a 12-person max capacity, this boat can be used for entertaining, cruising, and watersports -- and probably all on the same day. She is a good alternative to a pontoon boat.
- • Aft “Ultralounge” -- The 26 OBX has a convertible lounge in the transom that offers two distinct seating spaces with a backrest that can adjust to accommodate facing aft or fore and flatten out to create a large sun pad for basking in the elements.
- • Oversized Bow Seating -- With the 26 OBX’s concentrated focus on social, versatile seating spaces, the bow seating is the highlight -- a familiar design feature with added legroom and space for guests.
- • 316 Grade Stainless Steel Hardware -- From cleats to rub rails to the stylish windshield, the 26 OBX has high-quality 316 grade stainless steel throughout.
- • Extended Swim Platform -- The swim platform on the 26 OBX’s stern is low-to-the-water and extends on both sides of the outboard to give increased deck space for launching watersports.
- • Lazarette Storage -- When entertaining or setting off for a day of watersports, the ability to stow any number of “just-in-case” items can be a huge benefit. The 26 OBX’s lazarette storage is ample and affords the ability to keep more than just the bare necessities at hand on any excursion.
- • Enhanced Upholstery -- In the 26 OBX, Regal has upgraded the look of its upholstery with more-comfortable contours, diamond stitching, and expanded seating.
The 26 OBX’s single outboard sits flanked by the swim platform, which is covered by MarineTred non-skid surface. The platform has a walkway in front of the outboard with space for two guests at the same time, one port and one starboard.
The “Ultralounge.” The starboard side of the stern leads to a step-up and access into the ship’s cockpit. The remainder of the transom is taken up by the 26 OBX’s ultralounge, a versatile seating space that can provide versatile relaxation for multiple guests. The port side of this seating is a single seat with a fixed back and a stainless steel cup holder on the gunwale just in reach.
The central part of the seating is made up of a large, flat, upholstered space split by an adjustable backrest. The backrest, when stood up, creates two distinct settees, with the ability to tilt the backrest to accommodate as needed.
The ultralounge extends along the transom, with a connecting seating space wrapping along the remainder of the transom to the portside. The bulkhead has an upholstered backrest above a cut-out with stainless steel grab rails just below it.
Access from the stern to the cockpit comes to starboard along a fiberglass walkway. This walkway has storage accessed via the stainless steel latches flush in the deck.
Forward the access walkway to starboard is a small seating space, extending from just behind the captain’s seat and tapering back to the gunwale at the access point. This seating space lifts to reveal storage.
Finally, the backrest can be pushed fore and flat down to be flush with the flat space to make a large sun pad. The sun pad can be lifted on either side to reveal storage, with the entire structure lifting to reveal the massive lazarette storage.
A double-wide seat with an adjustable backrest allows one to sit forward in parallel with the captain or tilted toward the cockpit to engage a more social space. It can also, like the ultralounge, be adjusted to lay flat and flush with the seating in order to make one long, extended lounge space.
Forward, the adjustable double-wide portside seat is the hatch for the optional head, which has a silent electrical flush.
Helm Seat. The 26 OBX features a double-wide helm seat with flip-up bolster and premium upholstery. The helm has a simple, streamlined design with a roadster style, wrapped steering wheel, tabs to the starboard side, and chartplotter/gauges above on the faux wood surfaced panel.
The helm features Faria gauges which, besides being very stylish on the wood panel, are fog-resistant and easy to read. The 26 OBX also comes standard with digital depth sounder, 12-volt accessory plug, and a stainless steel binnacle throttle control on the starboard bulkhead, ergonomically placed for the captain’s right hand.
Access to the bow on the 26 OBX comes down the middle through the windshield via a hinged “door.” The stainless steel windshield header is a step above the industry norm of anodized aluminum, and curves elegantly off to the port and starboard sides in single pieces.
The bow is lined with plush bolsters all around the space. The footwell is roomier than this familiar design pattern normally yields, though it isn’t revolutionary in this regard.
The seating wraps around in a “U” shape, with forward-facing backrests on the port and starboard sides accompanied by adjustable armrests. Just below the bolsters on each side are stainless steel grab rails and stereo speakers.
Storage. Just as in the cockpit and transom, the seating in the bow lifts to reveal more storage. These storage spaces throughout the 26 OBX are Resin Transfer Molded fiberglass, providing super strength and reliability.
Forward the seating in the bow is the anchor locker, which has a latch and a flush “door” in hinges, keeping the anchor in a dedicated space away from other, more delicate, boat functions and spaces.
The 26 OBX has three options for its single outboard engine:
- • 250 hp Yamaha V6 4.2L F250XB
- • 250 hp Yamaha V6 4.2L F250XCA
- • 300 hp Yamaha 4.2L V6 F300XCA
Choice of Outboard. Regal offers the option to purchase the 26 OBX “blank,” without one of their Yamaha power options installed. This allows the owner to have the outboard brand of choice.
Our test boat was powered by a Yamaha 4.2 L V6 F300XCA outboard. With 90% of fuel load aboard, two people, and 50 lbs. (22.7 kg) of equipment, our test boat weighed an estimated 5,710 lbs. (2,590 kg). Test conditions were calm and the temperature was 72 degrees.
We recorded her top speed at 50.5 mph. Her best cruise was at 3500 rpm, where she went 24.7 mph and burned 8.8 gph, getting 2.8 statute miles per gallon. That gave her a range of 260 statute miles.
Time to plane was 3.2 seconds. Zero to 20 was clocked at 6.2 seconds, and 0-to-30 was 9.3 seconds.
OPTIONS TO CONSIDER
- • Power Assisted Hydraulic Steering
- • Head with Silent Electric Flush, Overboard Discharge, and Pump-Out Fittings
- • Transom Shower/Washdown
- • Trim Tabs
- • Bow & Cockpit Cover
- • PowerTower in White/Black
- • Bow Filler Cushion for Conversion to Sun Pad
- • Teak Cockpit Table
- • Cockpit Carpet/Seagrass Mat
- • Stainless Steel Rod Holders
- • Stereo & Lighting Package
Regal offers a Limited Lifetime Hull warranty.
The Regal 26 OBX is unusual, as she is a deck boat with a stepped hull with a luxury package inside. She is large enough to use both in large lakes and for coastal cruising, which separates her from many deck boats which have low freeboard and are wet. As the kids grow older, they are not as likely to grow out of this boat as they might a boat that is 22’ (6.71 m) or smaller. Because she is trailerable, she can go to larger bodies of water as captain and crew become more comfortable.
Regal has been building sportboats for decades, and it knows what it is doing. The result is a vessel with systems that are reliable and installations that use industry best practices. Regal boats generally score well among owners that are BoatTEST members.
Test Result Highlights
- Top speed for the Regal 26 OBX (2017-) is 50.5 mph (81.3 kph), burning 26.4 gallons per hour (gph) or 99.92 liters per hour (lph).
- Best cruise for the Regal 26 OBX (2017-) is 24.7 mph (39.8 kph), and the boat gets 2.8 miles per gallon (mpg) or 1.19 kilometers per liter (kpl), giving the boat a cruising range of 260 miles (418.43 kilometers).
- Tested power is 1 x 300-hp Yamaha 4.2L V6 F300XCA.
Standard and Optional Features
|Washdown: Fresh Water||Optional|
|Outlet: 12-Volt Acc||Standard|
Full Warranty Information on this brand coming soon!
(It's quick and FREE!)